GV Mobile + v2.5.7 out

+Emoji support
+Ability to email sms/voicemails
+iPad compatibility improvements
+Minor bug fixes

1. xqistj
    September 6th, 2012 at 14:40

Hi Sean–I have both, the free google voice app as well as the $3 GV+ mobile app (both on the iphone). I bought the second so that I could send pictures (still cannot receive of course).

I frequently use the free app, but discovered recently that the $3 app doesn’t let me log in: Auth error Invalid username and/or password (Level1)

The only change I recall doing in the recent past is upgrading to the 2 step verification on Gmail and google voice, but I’m not sure if this is the reason I am unable to use the $3 app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TJ.

• September 6th, 2012 at 14:41

Hey TJ – That would do it. Pretty easy fix – just generate an application specific password for GVM+ and update the password in GVM+ to whatever it generates. You can find the place to generate such password in the same place that allowed you to turn it on.

• sdotm.real
        September 28th, 2012 at 11:15

Sean, I recently uninstalled and reinstalled GV MOBILE + and I’m getting the level 1 error and login error, the setting icon will not let me log in, what can I do? I love this app.

2. xqistj
    September 6th, 2012 at 14:44

Wow–that was a quick response, thanks. I am not totally sure how to do this, but I can def stumble through it–I will hit you up again if I get stuck :)

Many thanks!

T.

3. xqistj
    September 6th, 2012 at 14:52

Wow again–that was ridiculously helpful–thanks so much!

Hope you guys keep up the awesome job :) receiving pictures is still not possible, right? Or am I kinda lagging behind?

Anyways–thanks again!

Best,

T.

• September 6th, 2012 at 15:01

Right – sending or receiving isn’t supported by Google Voice. We offer sending pictures via our own solution.

4. xqistj
    September 13th, 2012 at 11:29

Hey Sean–what’s that solution? I only bought GV + b/c it allows us to send pictures. Would you please explain how you guys do it? Or maybe show me the link :)

Thanks!

T.

• September 13th, 2012 at 11:53

Sending pictures? – the app uploads the picture to the gvmpl.us server and creates a special link for the recipient to view it. Nothing magical. :)

5. xqistj
    September 19th, 2012 at 09:22

Hey again Sean–I have a different issue that maybe you can help me with….I always add a picture to each of my contacts, and sync my contact list with the gmail contact via iTunes. Everything was fine until recently, when a bunch of pictures began disappearing. Now almost all of them are gone….oddly enough, when I check Google Voice online, I see all the pictures intact. Just nothing on the phone…..

Any thoughts?

6. September 19th, 2012 at 09:26

This is beyond my knowledge. Sounds like Google or Apple tried doing you a favor of syncing, but in a negative way.

• xqistj
      December 4th, 2012 at 16:14

Hey Sean–a surprising new development: some of my incoming texts are truncated, so I miss the last part of the message. If I view the message in a computer though (instead of my phone, iPhone 5)–then all is well. Does the message have a character limit when viewing on the phone? Just wondering….

Thanks as always for all your hard work :)

Best,

T.

7. JTravers
    September 21st, 2012 at 22:53

Just curious when you expect to have an update for the iphone 5′s longer screen. Love the app! Thanks for all the hard work and dedication.

• September 22nd, 2012 at 18:48

Perhaps today.

• JTravers
        September 22nd, 2012 at 20:12

Amazing. Thanks.

BTW, I had a question about the direct dial method. I thought that it looked up and used the special Google Voice “pass-through” numbers that one sees when getting an SMS from someone forwarded to them through Google Voice. I keep track of these numbers and assign them to my contacts. This keeps my call history sensible when dialing through the original Google Voice app. But when using your app, it looks like different numbers are used to call via direct dial. Do you mind explaining how direct dial works and why it doesn’t seem to work in the same way as the original Google Voice app?

Thanks!

• September 25th, 2012 at 07:26

Not sure – it should. Basically I tell Google you want to call XYZ and they provide a number back to dial.

8. coyoteinventor
    October 5th, 2012 at 08:45

Hey Sean. I love your app, but I’ve been having an issue with it for 2 or 3 months now. Every time I try to open it, it tries to open and then crashes.

Since this problem started I’ve waiting for your updates and applied them when they became available, but none of your last 3 updates have fixed my issue.

The other day I completely removed the app, rebooted the device, and reinstalled it, and still have the same problem. The pushing of the messages is working fine, I just can never open your app to view them. ;-)

I’m using an iPhone4 running a jailbroken 5.0.1

Thanks!

• October 5th, 2012 at 09:19

Send me some crash logs please.

• coyoteinventor
        October 10th, 2012 at 15:46

I’m not sure which one of the whole list (Settings>General -> About -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Diagnostics & Usage Data) is the one you are looking for. None of them say GV Mobile+. Are you looking for the one that starts with ReportCrash_*? And what’s the physical path to these files so I can attach it in an email to you? Thanks!

• October 10th, 2012 at 15:47

So it sounds like GVM isn’t crashing – otherwise there would be a crash log in there. You would copy and paste them in an email. Not sure of path.

• coyoteinventor
            October 10th, 2012 at 15:50

Well, it’s the only app that doesn’t open. It opens up the white/blue background, stays there a few seconds, then closes. Any ideas?

• October 10th, 2012 at 15:51

Update the latest version?

9. coyoteinventor
    October 10th, 2012 at 15:53

Yes, did that on Oct 5th. I don’t see a newer one on the app store. Should I send you the crash report being generated anyway? I can tell which one it is by the datestamp, though it does not have the GV name in it…

10. xqistj
    September 20th, 2013 at 10:01

Hi Sean–this is my second message regarding the same issue only b/c I’m not sure where I left the last one! The contact pictures stopped showing on GV3 after this week’s update. I just updated to iOS 7 today, nothing changed.

Many thanks!

TJ.

11. xqistj
    September 20th, 2013 at 10:03

Also, if you could let me know the best way to send you a message, that would be great (right now, I just find a thread that allows messaging, regardless of the previous topic–which probably isn’t the best way).

Thanks again!

TJ.

12. xqistj
    November 6th, 2013 at 20:49

Hi Sean–GV3+ doesn’t read the contact pictures again. It was working fine, but all of a sudden, they disappeared again a few days ago. Any thoughts or future fixes?

Again, many thanks for the great job you’re doing!

Best,

TJ.

You must be logged in to post a comment.