GV Mobile + v2.6.2 available

April 10th, 2013

An update is available on the App Store which resolves the inability to use the app (Error Level 3 and associated problems). Thank you for your patience while the update went through the approval process with Apple.

1. RichardDN
    April 10th, 2013 at 20:56

Sean,
    Just wanted you to be aware that the new app is working but direct call is not even when i do have my number as the forwarding number, only call back method is working.
    Richard N.

• April 11th, 2013 at 09:13

This is something Google changed on their end. Nothing I can do about it – sorry.

2. Jim
    April 11th, 2013 at 09:02

Hello:
    Thank you for the update. I use your app many many times a day and have missed it. I am authenticating fine across multiple accounts I use. Unfortunately I’m only seeing phone numbers from the inbox or any other folders instead of the contact names from my gmail contacts. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks again for the authentication fix.

• April 11th, 2013 at 09:16

Jim you are correct. Google made some pretty hefty changes to the API – they no longer include contact information for each conversation (text/vm/call), so I’ll need to grab the google contacts and associate it on the fly. I couldn’t do this with the latest update as I was more concerned with getting a working version out.
      I’ll work on adding this back in. Is it possible to sync your contacts to your iPhone for the time being (the app does cross reference the iPhone contacts).

• Jim
        April 12th, 2013 at 10:24

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately for me, I am using your app to interface to Google Voice thru 5 different Google accounts which each has it’s own contact list. Pulling the contact names and the ability to switch quickly between multiple Google accounts is what I like so much about your app. The Google Voice app for iOS does not allow for connection to more than one account without significant hassle. I would very much appreciate if you could build the contact name pull back into the app. I realize my use case may be somewhat unique and you have money to be made elsewhere. Thanks in advance for considering my situation.

• April 21st, 2013 at 19:12

Jim the next update adds this back.

• Jim
            April 22nd, 2013 at 21:36
            Quote | #7

Hello Sean:

I’m updating with high hopes as I write. I have loved using your app, especially for the way I use Google Voice, and look forward to continuing for a long time with only the highest recommendations to others. Thank you very much!

• Jim
            April 22nd, 2013 at 21:43
            Quote | #8

Wow!

I love it! I really love the individual date and time stamps as well. Thanks so so much!

3. urkle9
    April 11th, 2013 at 11:13

Is there a way you could add the dialer feature where it just dials from only 1 number, now it dials from 50 different numbers. Or is this a function of googles new API?

• April 11th, 2013 at 11:15

This was never a feature of GV Mobile +. It was a feature of Google Voice, a feature that Google changed. Sorry.

• Ike
        April 19th, 2013 at 15:15

Can you explain what changed in the API?

I can no longer dial out using GV Mobile+ Doing so resulting in a “Dialing error” – “An error occurred while trying to establish a connection with Google Voice. Error: Expected status code in (200 – 299), got 400″

Is this error due to your comment above? And if so, do you mean to say that friends will no longer be able to see the number I’m using as “my number”, but instead will see one of a dozen google voice numbers on their caller ID when I call? Because if so, Google Voice has become basically unusable.

• April 21st, 2013 at 19:12

You need to delete and reinstall.

• April 21st, 2013 at 19:14

If you use GV to make calls, they will always see your GV #, plain and simple. If they see another number, your not using GV (perhaps using a call method in the app that isn’t using GV).

4. joetufo
    April 13th, 2013 at 08:44

Hi Sean,

Thanks for addressing the update so quickly. My push settings worked before the update and I haven’t changed anything since but I am no longer receiving txt messages to my iPhone inbox. I went through the push settings process two more times but still nothing. I am recording voicemail messages to my iPhone inbox though.

5. jquestv2
    April 14th, 2013 at 17:30

Sean,
    I installed the update but get the error — An error occurred while trying to establish a connection with Google Voice. Error: Expected status code in (200-209), got 400

can you help?
    Thanks,
    John

• lajulajay
      April 18th, 2013 at 19:44

Having this problem as well. Would be interested in knowing whether it’s from the app or Google’s recent changes.

• April 19th, 2013 at 16:36

Sorry for the troubles. Sounds like you just need to re-generate authentication tokens. To do this, in the app click the Settings button, then click Accounts, followed by unchecking your account and then rechecking it.
        If that doesn’t work, deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store may be required.

• hichmoul
          July 9th, 2013 at 14:32

Hi,
          I have just bought gv mobile 3+ off the AppStore (not cydia) even though I have cydia.
          At the gv login screen, it says the same error
          ” Expected status code in (200-209), got 400″
          I deleted then reinstalled the app, still the same.

please advise,

6. robert1014
    April 20th, 2013 at 09:46

Ike :Can you explain what changed in the API?

I tested this at my place of work the other day and called a colleague’s office phone a couple of times using my Google Voice number via GV Mobile + and my one and only GV number showed on the caller ID each time.

7. dkla
    April 27th, 2013 at 12:36

Hi Sean. Just a quick note to say that after all these years, GV Mobile + is still the best VOIP app for iOS out there… keep up the good work!!! :)

8. kittykitty714
    July 24th, 2013 at 01:23

So when someone calls it doesn’t ring no sound and only way I no someone calling is if I’m in the app. This app I don’t get calls if I’m not in the app. Worse app other. I paid for it and I’m not happy

You must be logged in to post a comment.